- The Senior Security Officer is responsible for providing leadership and expertise in the assigned informatics technology program area(s).
- Manage all technical security activities of assigned programs/projects by providing technical expertise and leadership to recommend, implement and direct the design and development of new systems, methodologies, and policies/procedures in order to meet requirements.
- Plan and conduct security reviews and special studies of information processing systems by identifying concerns and program deficiencies; by researching and analyzing relevant security controls and by recommending and implementing solution or improvements.
- Guide improvements to security program area by recommending the development and design of technical or corporate systems, tools, or techniques to meet requirements.
- Develop and plan strategic direction by analysing new corporate approaches/branch needs, and recommending changes to the existing IT security work processes/procedures in order to produce better services to the client.
- Liaise with internal branches from an IT perspective on all matters realted to the assigned security program area(s) and to provide any required technical expertise, advice, guidance and recommendations.
- Collaborate with government partners on security related matters as well as develop and maintain industry contact in various security technologies and all related areas.
- Undergraduate degree and seven (7) years of experience OR
- Technologist diploma/Professional technologist equivalency designation and eight (8) year of experience
- Two years of experience in liaising and working on matters related to the security programs areas by providing technical expertise, advice, guidance, recommendations and presentations to management, various stakeholders, client and partners from inside and outside the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in developing, publishing and maintaining comprehensive information technology standards, policies and procedures.
Following Certifications are Considered Assets:
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP; ISC2)
- Global Information Assurance Certificate (GIAC; GSEC)
- Security+ (CompTIA)
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Must be eligible for Enhanced/Secret Security Clearances
COMPENSATION: To Be Determined
CONTACT: Sebastian Sarault at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP:
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, and Professional Services. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness.
The AIM Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.
The AIM Group would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, and resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Resumes will not be submitted to other parties without consent.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.