Product Design Team Lead

In by AIM Opportunities

JOB DESCRIPTION: 

  • The Product Design Team Lead position encompasses a dual role that includes both: the responsibility for developing and maintaining a team with the knowledge, skills, tools, processes and procedures required to support the development of our products; as well as the management and execution of development projects.
  • The expectation is that the Product Design team lead would spend roughly 30% of his/her time on maintaining the team and the remaining 70% on engineering project execution.
  • Develop, implement and enforce standard methods and tools for the engineering team.
  • Develop engineering team to ensure the required skills, training, and staffing levels are available, coordinating with business units and engineering department manager to ensure the team is suited to the expected workload.  Conduct performance reviews of team members.
  • Coordinate with business units, applications engineers, and customer/field support engineers to ensure that product requirements are properly understood and considered.
  • Manage product development projects.
  • Develop hardware designs (mechanical and electronics) for new products and their application into systems in the field.
  • Ensure designs and analyses are developed with sound engineering practice following relevant industry standards.
  • Prepare proposals for product development projects.
  • Manage product development projects.

JOB REQUIREMENTS:

  • Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Software or Electrical Engineering
  • Minimum of 15 years experience in product design and development
  • Highly detail oriented and able to interact with multiple deparments
  • Previous experience in a regulated industry an asset
  • Excellent communication skills

COMPENSATION: Salary, Benefits, Vacation, Bonus, RRSP  

CONTACT PERSON: Peter Aruja at paruja@theaimgroup.com

ABOUT THE AIM GROUP

The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, and Professional Services. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness, and our philosophy is to add value to every professional relationship we enter; together, these principles have guided us through three decades of thoughtful growth and have resulted in our reputation among professional consultants as a company they can trust their careers with.

 The AIM Group would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Resumes will not be submitted to other parties without consent.

To apply for this job email your details to paruja@theaimgroup.com.

Share