- Provide strategic management and technical leadership for delivery of engineering services and second line support activities for projects
- Provide timely engineering support to Project Management, Production, Commissioning and other sections as required
- Develop short and long-range resource plans and confirm requirement for adequate competent staff required to complete anticipated workload
- Actively seek and implement opportunities for improvements around efficiency and product quality
- Maintain professional standards for work products to meet legal requirements and customer expectations
- Review, approve and take professional responsibility for engineering products prepared under direct supervision within field of competence and within internal licensing authorizations
- Provide technical oversight where required
- Promote a culture of value engineering and schedule adherence within the team
- Interface with customers, regulatory bodies, on site customer representatives and customer design and system authorities
- Degree in Naval Architecture or Ocean Engineering required; a Master’s degree highly desirable
- 10 years’ experience in the marine environment
- Experience of vessel refit highly desirable
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Canada or ability to register within a reasonable time once employed
- Experience in engineering management and leadership
- Knowledge of submarine stability, structures and surveying would be an asset
- Eligible for a Canadian Secret Security and ITAR Clearance
CONTACT: Siobhan LeCours at email@example.com
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP:
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, and Professional Services. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness, and our philosophy is to add value to every professional relationship we enter; together, these principles have guided us through three decades of thoughtful growth and have resulted in our reputation among professional consultants as a company they can trust their careers with.
The AIM Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.
The AIM Group would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Resumes will not be submitted to other parties without consent.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.