- The IT Security Analyst is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of IT Infrastructure components.
- Evaluate the performance of existing systems. Plan and direct upgrades and improvements. Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Analyze and define user requirements and perform technical experimentation and feasibility studies in development and test environments.
- Analyze and synthesize to identify problem patterns, perform research and make recommendations to improve the reliability and maintainability of systems.
- Assess and validate technology service options prior to deployment, by leveraging industry best practices and historical information.
- Liaise with peers and clients to resolve escalated technical issues.
- Participate as a technical advisor/consultant on divisional projects and strategic planning.
- Recommend improvements to procedures and guidelines related to systems and support services.
- Maintain technical knowledge and stay current on work related emerging technologies and industry best practices.
- University Degree and one (1) year of related experience OR
- Technologist diploma or a Professional technologist equivalency designation and two (2) years of related experience
- *Fields of study: Computer science, electrical, electronics, network security, telecommunications, or software engineering.
- The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
- A minimum of one year of combined total year(s) of experience in any three of the following:
- Experience monitoring system or network activities to prevent or detect or respond to and remediate incidents or unauthorized or malicious activity.
- Experience participating in the development and/or implementation of IT Security policies or guidelines or procedures or best practices (e.g.: OWASP, NIST, CIS).
- Experience installing or configuring or supporting Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), using SIEM or other security tools to perform in-depth analysis.
- Experience in identifying or investigating and escalating potential issues affecting the security posture of the organization.
- Recent experience troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to IT or cyber security infrastructure such as: networks or Firewall or Virtual Private Network or Web proxies/gateways or Intrusion Detection & prevention systems or Host security systems or Directory Services and/or privileged access systems and Public Key Infrastructure.
- Experience in performing vulnerability assessments or vulnerability scans or penetration testing and providing remediation recommendations.
- Experience in specification of IT Security requirements or applications or operating system hardening.
- Experience using various programming or scripting languages such as C, C++, Python, R, Java.
- Experience in preparing or testing and evaluating technical security controls of IT systems.
- Must be eligible for Enhanced/Secret Security Clearance
COMPENSATION: To Be Determined
CONTACT: Sebastian Sarault at email@example.com
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP:
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, and Professional Services. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness.
The AIM Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.
The AIM Group would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, and resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Resumes will not be submitted to other parties without consent.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.