- Developing project scope, requirement documents, statement of work, participating in client discussions, analysis of functional and operational requirements of the client;
- Preparation of project approval documents (e.g. business cases, feasibility studies, Treasury Board submissions) required for funding or project approval;
- Planning and coordinating the activities of project personnel, contractors or other support providers, including the preparation of preliminary time schedules for project design and implementation
- Planning, directing and coordinating a project management office and its activities within time and cost parameters;
- Preparing formal work breakdown structure and compliance charts;
- Producing draft plans and sections for incorporation into Project Plans;
- Contributing to the organization’s strategic and business planning initiatives (e.g., identifying strategic goals and implementing initiatives to achieve them (such as through policy development, standards development and program review);
- Recognizing and taking action on opportunities to combine professional resources through partnering arrangements (e.g., multi-disciplinary practices);
- Preparing or managing of project documents, such as project charter or plan, client statement of work, investment analysis report, feasibility study, terms of reference, value engineering, lifecycle analysis, commissioning plan or lessons learned;
- Reviewing monthly progress claims from consultants for compliance with consultant agreements and recommending payments;
- Analyzing project schedules including contractor or consultant deliverables and determining whether corrective action is required to meet deadlines;
- Relevant degree in engineering or management from a recognized university
- 10 years’ experience in building science, construction management or civil engineering
- Strong knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
COMPENSATION: Salary, Benefits, Pension
CONTACT PERSON: Peter Aruja at email@example.com
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the Engineering & Technical, IM/IT and Professional Services. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness, and our philosophy is to add value to every professional relationship we enter into; together, these principles have guided us through three decades of thoughtful growth and have resulted in our reputation among professional consultants as a company they can trust their careers with.
The AIM Group would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Resumes will not be submitted to other parties without consent.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.