Web Accessibility Tester
Our client is a global leader in specialty medical education and care and acts as a national certification and fellowship association. They are in need of a Web Accessibility Tester to ensure all of their public facing websites are AODA compliant.
The Web Accessibility Tester will work closely with a Web Accessibility Developer from home using their own computer/laptop to remote into our client’s network, where they will have access to any needed software/programming tools.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design and create test plans ensure that proper and thorough test scripts are prepared in accordance with the testing strategy, project methodology and risks associated with the deliverables
- Work closely with Systems Analysts and Business Analysts to understand requirements and expected results
- Work closely with Developers to understand code and identify & trouble shoot defects
- Execute test cases, report defects and track all outstanding issues until resolved
- Prepare test reports, provide initial issue analysis and contribute to defect prevention
- Participate in working sessions and collaborate with others to review existing processes and recommend efficiencies
- Familiarity working with Agile delivery methods (Agile, Scrum, Sprint) and working in an agile environment
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Expert knowledge of Accessibility principals and guidelines
- Expert knowledge of WCAG 2.0 Guidelines
- Hands on experience on accessibility testing for web, desktop, mobile, pdf, documents, etc.
- Strong understanding of software accessibility standards
- Strong testing and debugging skills in addition to strong analytical capabilities
- Strong knowledge of WAI-ARIA Web Standards
- Strong knowledge of A/AA Conformance Levels
- Knowledge of NVDA / JAWS / WebAIM
- Knowledge of AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Familiar with Voice Over / ChromeVox / Accessibility Plug-ins
- Familiar with Talkback / magnification tools / braille display