Web Accessibility Developer
Our client is a global leader in specialty medical education and care and acts as a national certification and fellowship association. They are in need of a Web Accessibility Developer to ensure all of their public facing websites are AODA compliant.
The Web Accessibility Developer will work closely with a Web Accessibility Tester from home using their own computer/laptop to remote into our client’s network, where they will have access to any needed software/programming tools.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Convert PDF forms to online forms
- Ensure online forms comply to WCAG and WAI-ARIA standards/guidelines
- Adjust HTML/CSS to accessibility standards
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with forms including look & feel, navigation, and functionality
- Work closely with Business Analyst and Systems Analyst to understand requirements and build forms to specifications
- Perform unit testing and run accessibility reports
- Document issues and prepare reports
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Expert knowledge of Accessibility principals and guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and WAI-ARIA standards/guidelines
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS3
- Knowledge of responsive web design
- Knowledge of Accessibility checker software and plugins
- Familiar with design testing across devices
- Knowledge of jQuery, bootstrap, CakePHP an asset
- Knowledge of Survey Gizmo, WordPress, Articulate LMS an asset