Structural Analysis Engineer
Engineering & Technical
Our client is a dynamic company specializing in the design of solutions for both naval and aerospace platforms. They perform ground-up design, development and manufacturing at their facility.
They are currently seeking a Structural Analysis Engineer to complement their skilled team in our Ottawa office. The Structural Analysis Engineer will play a role in assisting in performing stress analysis and collaborate with other divisions within the company to deliver products to their customers.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform stress analysis of the product in order to ensure that it will pass stringent military or civil aviation design standards and qualification testing.
- Write reports documenting work.
- Work with mechanical designers to integrate the product into specific platforms and produce drawings for the manufacture of the components.
- Interface with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful completion of the design.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- An undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- At least 5 years experience conducting structural analysis using hand calculations and finite element analysis
- Experience with ANSYS FE
- Experience in an aerospace or military environment
- Experience with SolidWorks CAD
- Familiarity with welded and riveted joints
- Thorough understanding of the mechanics of materials and engineering statics
- Understanding of dynamic and fatigue calculations
- Experience in a fabrication environment
- Ability to communicate well in the English language, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to break down high-level direction into discrete problems to be solved
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and tolerancing
- Read and understand technical specifications
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NATO Secret clearance