Senior Project Manager - Real Property
Our Government client is seeking a senior project manager to work in the National Capital Region and/or in countries abroad. Services to be requested will vary from minor project services to complex projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Developing project scope, requirement documents, statement of work, participating in client discussions, analysis of functional and operational requirements of the client;
- Preparation of project approval documents (e.g. business cases, feasibility studies, Treasury Board submissions) required for funding or project approval;
- Planning and coordinating the activities of project personnel, contractors or other support providers, including the preparation of preliminary time schedules for project design and implementation;
- Managing architectural/engineering and associated specialist teams, reviewing project costs and resolving variances with predetermined budgets by recommending action and resolving conflicts
- Preparing or managing of project documents, such as project charter or plan, client statement of work, investment analysis report, feasibility study, terms of reference, value engineering, lifecycle analysis, commissioning plan or lessons learned.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Managing a project team on real property construction projects from inception to close-out stages;
- Preparing briefings and Reports to Senior Management and Stakeholders, project charters, project schedules and budgets including project forecasting and monthly financial project status reports;
- Developing Risk Management Plans, Statements of Requirements, Feasibility Reports, Investment Analysis Reports, Request for Qualifications, Request for Proposals, Statements of Work, Identification Close-Out Documents;
- Managing Physical Security projects of a domestic or international nature in an adverse environment is asset.
- Must hold a relevant professional designation or certification as a Professional Engineer, Registered Architect and/or Project Management Professional.
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset