Our client is a leader in the development, manufacturing, packaging and delivery of medical isotopes and radiopharmaceuticals and employs over 150 highly-skilled people across Canada.
Our client requires the services of two Mechanical Engineers, one focused on an elemental shielding project and the other focused on volatile products. This is a remote contract position for 6 months.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide engineering design and modification for mechanical system following design processes.
- Provide review and oversight to subcontracted engineering firms with preparation of mechanical related detailed design documents.
- Evaluate contractor proposals during construction
- System testing and commissioning of system on site
- Trouble-shooting and ongoing system support for existing and new mechanical systems
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university
- At least 7 years’ experience in supporting mechanical process systems
- Experience with SolidWorks and Microsoft Office
- Must possess excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all kinds of people
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functionally up and down the organization.
- Self Motivated, with the ability to work independently against objectives.
- Ability to think critically and take necessary decision for the business.
- Effective project management skills and ability to meet the deadlines.