Engineering & Technical
Our client is an essential business that provides solutions for high-performance frame grabbers and embedded hardware as well as video interfaces for medical devices among other applications. Due to COVID-19 they have been tasked to help assemble hardware for fever readers. As a result of this specific need, an additional $100 per day worked, to a maximum of $500 per week, will be applied on top of the hourly pay rate, up until April 30th 2020!
Our client is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Operator to assemble, program and test electro-mechanical assemblies while maintaining high quality standards. The successful candidate thrives in a dynamic team environment and can effectively multi-task competing priorities. They will contribute to continuous process improvement and is familiar with the Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Manufactures electro-mechanical assemblies to quality and labour standards.
- Proactively assesses resource availability (e.g. material, labour, and equipment) and takes action to resolve imbalances.
- Maintains and improves upon a safe, clean, and organized work environment.
- Collaborates and performs cross functional work assignments in a small team environment.
- Maintains and develops skills supporting multiple operations/manufacturing disciplines.
Required Skills & Competencies
- High attention to detail & quality
- High degree of manual dexterity
- Technician diploma
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with mechanical assemblies
- Knowledge of manufacturing standards and material handling procedures
- Data entry & computer experience (e.g. ERP systems, MS Office suite)
- Inventory management skills including cycle counting, kitting, issuing
- Experience in shipping & receiving routines is an asset
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds