Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Engineering & Technical
Our client is a leader in the development, manufacturing, packaging and delivery of medical products and pharmaceuticals and employs over 150 highly-skilled people across Canada.
The Instrumentation and Controls Engineer will work to support production requirements in a regulated environment due to an increase in work load. This is a contract position.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in troubleshooting, process optimization and continuous improvements across manufacturing operations.
- Develop, test and install control systems for hot cells and process equipment (controls type).
- Independently conduct and modify current practices and procedures to reflect business needs.
- Plan and execute activities to ensure project goals are met.
- Commissioning of new processes, products, equipment and facilities.
- Provide technical advice as directed.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Five years of related Instrumentation and Controls experience.
- Experience with Current Good Manufacturing Practices, Validation Development, and CAPA resolution.
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical systems, facility equipment and tool design, PLC’s and related computer systems would be an asset.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver results and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and workload prioritizing skills.