Engineering & Technical
Our client provides services to a global manufacturer of forest products, including lumber, paper, packaging etc.
The Engineering Supervisor will provide planning and direction to the Site Services area, optimizing the process in providing site and electrical maintenance services.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program
- Lead a motivated, efficient and engaged engineering team of direct reports
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure maximum performance
- Provide technical direction to operating supervisors, conferring with customers, consultants, contractors or suppliers where coordination is important
- Support compliance with collective agreement and sound union/management/employee relations.
- Maintain a communications program to keep your team informed regarding mill and department priorities
- Report to Superintendent, Maintenance Reliability
- Participate in short term planning pertaining to budget requirements, staff selection and projects to be undertaken
- Responsible for investigations and reports such as cost estimates, technical studies, unusual trouble analysis, etc.
- Ensure that internal procedures and controls are maintained for engineering, construction and maintenance activities that conform to sound financial consideration and reliable documentation for future maintenance and operating plans
- Provide training recommendations to the Superintendent, Maintenance Reliability
- Ensure the proper maintenance of engineering files, equipment and procedures
- Advise and recommend changes or opportunities to operating costs
- Report and explain deviations from planned activities
- Recommend changes/improvements to the maintenance management system and standards to the Mechanical Superintendent
- Perform weekend duty as required
Skills and Experience Requirements
- University Degree in Engineering; college diploma may be considered
- 3-5 years leading engineers and technologists in a pulp and paper mill setting