Controls and Automation Engineer
Reporting directly the Engineering Manager, the Controls and Automation Engineer will be part of the Engineering team and will be responsible for the design and installation of Controls Systems for Industrial Irradiators.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Control System design and installation of Industrial Irradiators. The control system is typically comprised of a PLC and SCADA system with VB.Net and SQL Server components.
- Work the full life cycle of systems by working directly with customers to understand and document system requirements
- Perform the controls systems design, programming, simulation and testing, start-up assistance and after sales support.
Approximately 10% of the role will require international travel to customer sites.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Electrical Engineering or Technologist degree and 8-10 years relevant work experience.
- Proven experience with industrial automation, proven experience in Allen Bradley Guardlogix PLC logic and programming, Wonderware HMI / SCADA programming and SQL Server database.
- Self-motivated, have effectively demonstrated strong leadership skills and good project management skills.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Planning, scheduling, executing and delivering of internal and external projects.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Prepare reports for distribution to various groups, outlining technical details, results or conclusions.
- Provides technical guidance and technical reviews of projects.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment on complex decisions falling outside standard practices and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the field and incorporate as appropriate.
- Experience within quality systems to product lines assigned such as ISO 9000.
- May require occasional shift work on evening and /or weekends, includes working in a combination of office and industrial environments.
Thank you to those that apply but only those selected for interview will be contacted.