Our client is a family-owned Canadian business that endeavours to foster the creative spirit of their customers. They are in need of a Bilingual Proofreader to assist in ensuring their printed and online content perfectly and accurately describes the amazing products they offer. This is a contract position to start, with the opportunity to turn into a full time indefinite position.
The Bilingual Proofreader will work independently, as well as with the proofing team, to ensure publications adhere to an extensive set of established standards for grammar, spelling, image quality and design. This position reports to the Manager, Quality Assurance and Editing.
- Proofread various marketing materials (publications, labels, product presentations, emails, web pages) and ensure they meet established standards for content and presentation
- Reviews written content for grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ensures content meets requirements of creative brief.
- Ensures content adheres to brand standards.
- Works with content creation team to ensure standards are met.
- Maintains progress tracking charts where required.
- Proofreads digital content such as web pages.
- For print publications ensures that correct products have been included, and appropriate copy and images have been used.
- Verifies phone numbers and addresses, page numbers, web references, etc.
- Reviews layout and formatting of document including correct font and font size, copy and photo alignment, correct call-outs, etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- BA in English, French, Communications, Humanities or related
- 1-2 years’ experience in editing, proofreading an asset.
- Must be fluently bilingual in both English and French.
- Ability to communicate effectively within and outside department.
- Understands importance of adherence to standards for overall presentation to customer.
- Identifies errors and seeks out information to more accurately or effectively present page information and layout.
- Superior language and grammar skills.
- Attention to detail and able to meet specified deadlines.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Acrobat an asset.
Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.