THIS IS A PROJECT SPECIFIC ROLE WITH AN APRIL 2018 START DATE
- Provide strategic and operational leadership and expertise and guidance to the Infrastructure and Operations team, which is responsible for the technical operations and maintenance of the production and non-production environments, to maintain stable and uninterrupted continuity of operations
- Gather and develop requirements to create and maintain a detailed project schedule and/or integrated plan;
- Work with the necessary stakeholders to transition the project-based application support and maintenance model, including the integration of support processes, tools, and metrics, into a structured operations model;
- Assume day-to-day planning, management and control of multiple Service Desk teams that consist of the Application Service team, Application Service team, System Technical Service team and Front-Line Assessment Service team;
- Resolve resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, negotiate changes to resourcing, ensure knowledge is shared among team members, and project objectives and deliverables are met;
- Maintain catalog of service offerings and agreed upon SLA;
- Act as Change Manager for applications and environments, and ensure all processes are adhered to and all documentation is provided in a timely fashion;
- Work with Business, Security and Privacy and Infrastructure and Operations to identify and manage risks to operational activities, planned and unplanned changes that may impact service levels;
- Continually identify areas of improvements with the Service Desk to streamline processes;
- Proactively identify potential risk and issues before they occur so that it can be articulated to senior executives and recommend proper mitigating strategies to decision makers;
- Establish and participate in steering committee and stakeholder forums;
- Provide operational reporting to multiple stakeholders at senior executive levels;
- Use appropriate strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change and capitalize on forces in support of change during all stages of projects – concept, definition, planning, implementation and close-out.
- Experience leading application and technical support teams (i.e. Tier 1 and Tier 2)
- Extensive operations management experience
- Experience developing strategic recommendations for operations, influencing decision maker to accept the recommendations and then implementing them, while taking into consideration the political, business, financial and technical factors and constraints
- Experience developing, implementing and managing to service level agreements (SLAs)
- Knowledge of ITIL and service management industry best practices
- Experience supporting financial, payroll and reporting systems, such as the Microsoft Dynamics GP and Quadrant Workforce (QHR) applications
- Experience with Issues and Risk Management
- Strong leadership and people management skills and experience Effective facilitation skills; ability to build rapport with stakeholders and drive negotiations to a successful outcome
- Proven track record for building strong working relationships
- Strong interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including tact and diplomacy to ensure client needs are managed effectively
CONTACT PERSON: Peter Aruja at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, Professional Services, and Real Property industries. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness, and our philosophy is to add value to every professional relationship we enter into; together, these principles have guided us through three decades of thoughtful growth and have resulted in our reputation among professional consultants as a company they can trust their careers with.
The AIM Group’s recruiters review every job application they receive to make sure they find the perfect fit for each position. Please note that a recruiter will only contact you if your skills and previous experience are a close match to the requirements above or to other requirements we may be working on.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.