Engineering Services Managerin Engineering and Technical
- This position is responsible for the technical leadership role for the site, leads efforts on teams and projects, and provides guidance and technical direction to site and project teams of 5-15 associates.
- The position provides leadership, mentoring and guidance to site and off-site engineers and consultants. Areas of responsibility include managing capital (up to 7MM) and maintenance (up to 3MM) budgets for the site.
- The position looks after all utilities on site.
- There is also direct project management and contract maintenance supervision.
- The function is to assure proper design and installation of equipment according to regulatory standards.
- Make engineering and maintenance management related decisions in the current overall economic context of the business unit.
- Develop long term strategic plan for the plant infrastructure.
- Represent engineering and maintenance for the site.
- Interact daily with the site leadership team to support the site’s engineering and maintenance needs.
- Interface with business unit managers and business leadership team to develop maintenance and capital plans.
- Work with other corporate functions, such as asset management and safety to meet business requirements.
- Design and execute site EHS and productivity capital projects according to regulatory standards.
- Lead, participates and contributes on teams or via ad hoc assignments
- Direct supervision of maintenance manager (supervisor) and plant engineer
- Supervision of outside engineering and or maintenance contractors
SECURITY CLEARANCE: N/A
COMPENSATION: Salary, Benefits, Vacation, Pension
- Bachelor degree in Engineering from a recognized institution
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Advanced degree encouraged
- Understanding of the best industry practices regarding maintenance activities and work processes.
- Understanding of asset and capital planning and management.
- Excellent computer, communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Industrial experience regarding chemical plant mechanical design, maintenance, operations, and troubleshooting.
- Detailed knowledge of plant equipment, project execution, and construction and installation techniques.
- Familiarity with Technical standards, accounting practices, and procurement policies.
- Excellent computer skills as well as user knowledge of SAP project functions.
- Generic competencies of analytical thinking, communication and interpersonal understanding, customer focus, entrepreneurial acting/initiative, team leadership/collaboration, and coaching.