- Work safely under all circumstances and seek guidance for any work for which you are unfamiliar or do not feel competent to perform safely
- Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner
- Change gearbox oil in a designated area or wind field
- Grease/torque wind turbines
- May also service turbines based on the type of turbine (manufacturer) in multiple wind fields
- Perform “status” checks including clearing “error” codes on turbines and repairing the problems
- Replace mechanical components
- Service blade and hub components as required by turbine type
- Complete on a daily basis, work orders, time cards and any other required paperwork for the specific project/assignment
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor or his/her designee
- High school or up to one-year related experience or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Successfully complete applicable safety and technical training program for the entry level wind technician
- Ability to demonstrate some basic computer knowledge
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work at heights, including climbing up and descending towers, entering nacelles and hubs at extreme heights.
- Ability to work in a mechanical environment. This may have been achieved through formal training, previous work experience as an auto mechanic or the ability to demonstrate that an individual is mechanically inclined
- Ability to operate company vehicles (field trucks) both on site as well as on public roads and highways (must have a current driver’s license with a good DMV printout)
- Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to attendance, and maintaining a neat and orderly work environment
CONTACT: Siobhan LeCours at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP:
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, and Professional Services. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness, and our philosophy is to add value to every professional relationship we enter.
The AIM Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.
The AIM Group would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Resumes will not be submitted to other parties without consent.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.