- Conducts programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color coordination
- Develops innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, lighting, flooring, wall covering and artwork. Estimates material requirements and preliminary costs
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects
- Renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings
- Prepares, corrects and updates documents during schematic design and design development phases
- Solicits bids and assists Project Manager and client in subcontracting fabrication, installation, and arrangement of the materials, finishes, and furnishings required
- Responsible for keeping the project, or a phase of a project, on schedule
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary
- Supports the Construction Administration phase responding to RFI’s, CO’s, and reviews shop drawings
- Implements and utilizes HOK Standards for all projects and processes
- May provide support to all team members for specific field, style, or phase of interior design expertise
- May mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff and deliver staff performance evaluations
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design or foreign equivalent
- NCIDQ or registered Architect with license (NCARB preferred)
- Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and color schemes to carryout design intent.
- Advanced knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in Deltek Vision highly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in Newforma preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred
- Proficiency in of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
COMPENSATION: To Be Determined
CONTACT: Siobhan LeCours at email@example.com
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP:
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, and Professional Services. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness, and our philosophy is to add value to every professional relationship we enter.
The AIM Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.
The AIM Group would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Resumes will not be submitted to other parties without consent.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.