- The scope of Work is to manage the HVDC engineering group, reporting to the Operations Support Engineering Manager.
- Providing support to the team for commissioning and energization of HVDC assets.
- Providing support to the Project team and Operations in identification and correction of any technical issues that may have an impact on short or long term operational success of the HVDC assets.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Operations Support Engineering Manager to provide an update on technical issues, team progress and areas of concern.
- Ensuring technical assistance is available in evaluating abnormal system behav1ior with respect to the operation of the assets.
- Ensuring root cause analysis of major faults or system anomalies is completed.
- In consultation with suppliers, peers and operations personnel, ensuring that maintenance tactics are fully defined for system equipment that minimizes cost while maximizing equipment availability and maintainability.
- In consultation with asset management and operations personnel, recommending improvements to the operation of assets through capital projects, operating projects, and maintenance activities.
- Ensuring appropriate technical standards are used and, where necessary, developed, for the safe and efficient operation of assets.
- Ensuring engineering documentation is developed, maintained, and controlled to ensure information is accurate.
- Ensuring engineering support is available for Operating Projects.
- Ensuring engineering support is available to the Project Execution groups.
- Providing effective leadership to staff to permit them to carry out their responsibilities.
- Providing appropriate guidance, mentoring and coaching to a diverse team of engineers and other technical personnel of varying degrees of experience to ensure staff performance is optimized.
- Providing guidance, planning, and budgeti1 ng for training and development activities of staff to maintain the level of technical knowledge and skills needed to perform effectively in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that personnel are managed effectively and efficiently as per corporate priorities and strategic directions; ensuring workloads are identified and scheduled in a manner that meets business requirements and demands.
- Preparing and justifying the operating budget for the HVDC Engineering Department.
- Maintaining awareness of environmental policy and guiding principles, and corporate objectives, targets and programs; and the role of the Department and its employees in the management of environmental issues.
- Ensuring departmental participation in the Corporation’s Safety and Health Program and Environmental Management Programs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution
- A registered Professional Engineer in good standing
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience with similar projects
- Experience in power utility HVDC design, project management, construction, administration, operation and maintenance
- Experience in leading and coaching technical personnel in the HVDC field
- Extensive knowledge and experience with electrical and construction codes in Canada
- Excellent communication skills
- Able and willing to travel to various sites as and when requested by the client
- Able to provide references from previous projects
COMPENSATION: To Be Negotiated
CONTACT PERSON: Peter Aruja at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, and Professional Services. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness, and our philosophy is to add value to every professional relationship we enter; together, these principles have guided us through three decades of thoughtful growth and have resulted in our reputation among professional consultants as a company they can trust their careers with.
The AIM Group would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Resumes will not be submitted to other parties without consent.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.