- Conducts analysis of system specifications in developing designs
- Designs to specified requirements, develops code; performs test and debugging for complex applications
- Identifies, analyses, and resolves complex software issues
- Participate in product design meetings, preparing requirements and design specifications
- Makes recommendations and suggests alternatives solutions when needed
- Ensures assigned projects follow schedule, informs management of any unplanned slippage and proposes corrective measures
- May participate in design reviews with internal/external customers
- Reviews designs and documents produced by others
- Works under the general guidance/coaching of other Engineers
- Multiplex between different projects or assignments and delivers on commitments
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility to meet business demands.
- Technologist level education or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Min 3 to 7 years of professional experience in a development environment using LabVIEW and TestStand
- Strong programming knowledge/skills in LabVIEW
- Experience with National Instruments (NI) and PCI eXtensions for Instrumentation (PXI) for automation systems
- Experience with programming using RS-232, RS-422, USB, GPIB
- Selection of Equipment & Instrument selection
- In-depth knowledge of real-time controls for hardware and timing systems
- Skilled in designing documents, configuration control and preparing automated test plans
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging software on target hardware and in a simulation environment
Contact: Siobhan LeCours at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP:
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, and Professional Services. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness, and our philosophy is to add value to every professional relationship we enter; together, these principles have guided us through three decades of thoughtful growth and have resulted in our reputation among professional consultants as a company they can trust their careers with.
The AIM Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.
The AIM Group would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Resumes will not be submitted to other parties without consent.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.