- Prepare project documentation including drawings and specifications as required
- Prepare drawings for construction including system mechanical flow diagrams, equipment and piping layouts, installation details
- Conduct field investigations, measurements, and surveys to obtain drawings and data required to produce project drawings
- Perform ductwork, process pipe sizing, controls & instrumentation design as required
- Complete field surveys of existing building conditions
- Attend and lead coordination meetings and coordinate design with other engineering disciplines
- Interface with clients, contractors, internal and external engineering resources to coordinate project design and implementation
- Participate in and lead site tours with contractors during bid period and assist with the review of tenders / bids
- Attend site meetings, perform site visits, prepare site visit reports and deficiency reports
- Participate in and lead warranty inspections
- Prepare addenda, site instructions, contemplated change notices and review C.C.N. pricing as required
- Review and respond to requests for information
- Review shop drawings, progress draws, record drawings and maintenance manuals
- Lead and participate in commissioning as required
- Mechanical or other pertinent engineering degree
- 5 to 10 years experience in mechanical process and systems design and other specialty systems
- Experience with site visits and preparing site visit reports
- Thorough knowledge of the project management process and budgets is an asset
- Expert drafting and drawing management skills using AutoCAD platform
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant building and other relevant codes and standards
- Working knowledge of ductwork, pipe sizing and design
- Ability to frequently travel and work in Canada, the USA, and abroad
- Professional Engineering designation
- Fluently bilingual candidate (French/English) in both verbal and written communication forms
CONTACT: Siobhan LeCours at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP:
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, and Professional Services. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness, and our philosophy is to add value to every professional relationship we enter; together, these principles have guided us through three decades of thoughtful growth and have resulted in our reputation among professional consultants as a company they can trust their careers with.
The AIM Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.
The AIM Group would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Resumes will not be submitted to other parties without consent.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.