- Reporting to the CSO, the HR Advisor develops, coordinates and supports a broad range of human resources initiatives, services, and programs that enable the achievement of plans and objectives, and to foster an engaged workforce
- The Advisor is responsible for providing HR advice and recommendations to staff, managers, senior managers and the CEO
- Develops and coordinates HR functions, such as HR Planning, recruiting, talent and performance management, leave management and employee wellness
- Ensures managers and staff are aware of and fulfilling their obligations with respect to Occupational Health and Safety
- Ensures job descriptions and staffing requirements are current and aligned to business objective
- Recommends recruiting strategies, provides posting content and completes initial candidate screening
- Develops human resources policies, procedures, tools and guidelines such as leads the identification, development, and updates to HR policies procedures and tools aligned to the culture and priorities and in compliance with legislation and the collective agreement
- Coordinates Compensation and Benefits programs such as provides guidance to managers on hiring rates within salary ranges and ensure compensation structure and practices are current and market competitive
- Labour and Employee Relations such as implements practices that promote an engaged workforce working within a respectful work environment, provides guidance and advice to managers on employee/labour legislation and supports the resolution of formal and informal conflicts in the workplace including providing advice and support to staff for problem-solving or conflict resolution with their managers
- HR Administration duties that recommends and implements measures that ensure consistency and integrity of HRIS data implementing appropriate records management activities consistent with legislation, internal policies, procedures support the development of HR metrics and compiles, analyzes and organizes data into reports that enable business decisions and business improvement and supports the negotiation of agreements with external vendors to support Human Resources priorities
- Post-Secondary degree in Human Recourses or related discipline from a recognized university
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to reduce conflict and adapt presentation of information
- Strong networking skills to establish and maintain relationships with organizations and resources
- 4 years of related Human Resources experience including experience advising managers on HR practices and legislative requirements
- 6 years of related Human Resources experience including experience providing advice and programs in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of Human Resources related legislation and statutory requirements including Employment Standards, Occupational Health and Safety legislation, Privacy Legislation, and Human Rights legislation
- Broad knowledge of Human Resources trends and best practices in a variety of HR functions
- Leadership skills to give advice and explain HR policies and procedures with management and employees
- Ability to work collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders to understand and respond appropriately to their varying needs and priorities
- Proven ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential, controversial and sensitive nature
- Skill in interpreting Collective Agreements is an asset
- CHRL designation is an asset
COMPENSATION: To Be Determined
CONTACT: Kim Innes at email@example.com
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP:
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, and Professional Services. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness.
The AIM Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.
The AIM Group would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, and resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Resumes will not be submitted to other parties without consent.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.