- Using ATIP Case Management system (i.e. AccessPro Redaction) in the analysis and disposition of access to information and privacy requests forwarded to the department under the two Acts by the public
- Complying with the intent of the legislation including meeting statutory deadlines and adhering to governmental and departmental policies
- In-depth analysis of records to determine what information can be released; interpreting the Acts, applying knowledge to the records and making recommendations to senior management
- Managing complex ATIP files that may require consultations and resolution of issues involving requesters, third parties, other federal departments/agencies and other organizations; the development and/or recommendation of strategies; liaison with investigators and negotiations to resolve complaints files with the Information and Privacy Commissioners
- Provides expert advice to senior departmental officials, staff, stakeholders and requesters on the interpretation and application of the ATIP legislation, policies, standards and practices, including preparing correspondence, briefs and reports
- Provides knowledge transfer and training to incoming ATIP staff in order to ensure that expertise remains in-house
- Bilingual (French/English) at intermediate level
- MUST have a minimum of ten years of experience in interpreting, applying and documenting actions related to the administration of the federal Access to Information and Privacy Acts (ATIP), regulations, policies and guidelines
- Recent experience using an ATIP case management system (i.e. APCM/APR) in the Federal Government
- Experience in conducting consultations and in negotiating information disclosures with a broad range of officials in the department and in other Departments and Agencies in relation to complex and sensitive files
- Experience in handling and resolving complaints lodged with the Offices of the information Commissioner and Privacy Commissioner
- Has processed and closed voluminous and complex files in a timely manner
- Experience in developing and in delivering ATIP training and awareness sessions to departmental official in a Federal Institution
- Experience in preparing and conducting recruitment and staffing processes on behalf of management
SECURITY CLEARANCE: SECRET
CONTACT: Kim Innes at email@example.com
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP:
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, Professional Services, and Real Property industries. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness, and our philosophy is to add value to every professional relationship we enter into; together, these principles have guided us through three decades of thoughtful growth and have resulted in our reputation among professional consultants as a company they can trust their careers with.
The AIM Group’s recruiters review every job application they receive to make sure they find the perfect fit for each position. Please note that a recruiter will only contact you if your skills and previous experience are a close match to the requirements above or to other requirements we may be working on.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.