- Design and develop mechanical equipment as part of a development team responsible for development of HVAC equipment.
- Responsible for all aspects of mechanical design from concept development, detail design, to production launch.
- Development of mechanical, thermodynamic, air flow, and hydraulic concepts for new development projects.
- Create P&ID and PFD diagrams using Visio software.
- Carry out calculations and simulations to determine the requirements of mechanical components.
- Evaluate and select standard commercial parts in the mechanical / electromechanical field.
- Create specifications for the design and performance of electromechanical equipment.
- Generate CAD models and CAD drawings.
- Create bills of material for mechanical equipment.
- Assist with prototype assembly, and lab testing.
- Perform all tasks required for transferring a design to production including but not limited to creating assembly drawings/models, assisting with creating production work instructions, developing production processes, and training of production personnel.
- Maintain engineering drawings, component specifications, BOMs and Wiring Diagrams, as required.
- Support creation of installation, operation, and spare parts manuals by providing descriptions of operation and illustrations as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and minimum 5 years related industry experience in design and development of equipment.
- Good knowledge and experience in design of mechanical components for injection molding and sheet metal fabrication.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports/logs and effectively present information.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficient with Solid Edge or equivalent 3D modeling software. MS Office literate: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point.
- Experience with SAP or other business management software is an asset.
- Professional Engineering Designation preferred
- Must demonstrate effective organizational and communication skills.
COMPENSATION: Salary, Benefits, Vacation
CONTACT PERSON: Peter Aruja at email@example.com
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, Professional Services, and Real Property industries. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness, and our philosophy is to add value to every professional relationship we enter into; together, these principles have guided us through three decades of thoughtful growth and have resulted in our reputation among professional consultants as a company they can trust their careers with.
The AIM Group would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Resumes will not be submitted to other parties without consent.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.