- Managing and supervising a team of hardware designers working on printed circuit board design activities in support of multiple projects
- providing technical guidance to the team and have an overarching view of the active programs and the contribution of the hardware team to those programs
- conducting performance reviews for direct reports in accordance with the company’s performance management process
- estimating, planning, and management of these activities ensuring that they are completed on-time and within budget, while ensuring compliance to process and requirements
- undertaking complex circuit card designs
- conducting complete design cycle from establishing requirements to final test and verification of finished design
- communicating directly with manufacturing teams for new product introduction and resolution of build issues
- Typical projects include the design; development, modification, and analysis of single board computers, power electronic systems, analog and digital voice communications electronics, complex interconnect systems, and FPGA design
- Engineering degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience
- PCB design experience using Mentor Graphics DxDesigner/Expedition is desired.
- FPGA design using VHDL
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Ability to set and achieve goals within committed budget and schedule.
- Ability to work at different levels of integration.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret
CONTACT: David Chalmers at email@example.com
ABOUT THE AIM GROUP:
The AIM Group Inc., a Canadian company founded in 1988, is a national supplier of professionals in the IM/IT, Engineering & Technical, Professional Services, and Real Property industries. The cornerstones of our service-delivery approach are integrity and fairness, and our philosophy is to add value to every professional relationship we enter into; together, these principles have guided us through three decades of thoughtful growth and have resulted in our reputation among professional consultants as a company they can trust their careers with.
The AIM Group’s recruiters review every job application they receive to make sure they find the perfect fit for each position. Please note that a recruiter will only contact you if your skills and previous experience are a close match to the requirements above or to other requirements we may be working on.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.