Senior Well Engineer – Design & Operationsin Oil & Gas
LocationVarious locations worldwide
Both directly, and by supervising assigned well engineers, your role will be to:
- Develop well engineering solutions for well projects using ‘limit’ methodologies and meeting review tollgates as required.
- Ensure the recognition and appropriate mitigation of technical, commercial and operational risks associated with the delivery of well projects.
- Single point Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) responsibility for well operations. This means establishing and maintaining exemplary HSE management standards throughout your team (field and office-based).
- Ensure all wells are planned & designed to meet all compliance criteria including regulatory requirements, policies and best practices, including full consideration of HSE & Sustainability goals in all designs.
- Influence technology strategy development by proactively providing feedback from lessons learnt during reviews, studies, deployment and implementation to our research/technical development teams.
- Coordinate all assigned rig activities, ensuring well-work activities are optimized, understood, planned, resourced and managed within agreed time and budget.
- Develop well engineering plans for each project in accordance with the overall multidisciplinary project plan.
- Initiate change and champion best practice application of appropriate technical design, technology, and RtL practices.
- Promote and encourage global learning and communication by maintaining an active learning network.
- Support technical improvements in the well delivery process.
- Motivate and coach your rig team to excel
Success in this role will rely on your strengths in:
- Working independently and proactively
- Managing interfaces with stakeholders
- Communicating with authority
- Delivering against tight deadlines and motivating others to do the same
- Coaching and mentoring your direct team and talented others
- Meeting commercial and business objectives
For your application to be successful you will need to:
- Possess at least a higher education Diploma (eg. HND or equivalent), but preferably a Bachelors Degree or higher, in a technical or engineering subject.
- Previous experience of working in multi-disciplinary team environments.
- Extensive experience in Well Engineering, which must include:
- In-depth knowledge of well design theory and practice;
- Substantial supervisory experience in the field as well as in an office-based environment for planning and executing daily operations support;
- A proven safety leadership record and familiarity with safety management techniques;
- Practical knowledge and application of drilling optimization techniques (eg. Deliver-the-Limit, etc.);
- Strong knowledge of latest technology applications related to well and completion design;
- Good knowledge of standard drilling engineering software such as WellPlan for Windows and Compass.
- Excellent people skills and a high level of personal integrity,
- Reputation for innovation,
- Effective communication,
- Ability to capture and cascade best practices.
- Display commercial astuteness and sound negotiation skills, both of which you combine with a strong understanding of EP business.
- Preference if you can demonstrate previous interfacing with, or some experience in, the subsurface disciplines (geology, reservoir engineering, petrophysics) and completions design/operations supervision.
- Expertise in Deliver-the-Limit (DtL) and Advanced Safety Leadership techniques are two key factors for success in the job.