Drilling Supervisors (Foremen)in Oil & Gas
LocationVarious locations worldwide
Manage all operations associated with the well, including:
- planning and scheduling
- resource allocation
- cost control
- clear and concise reporting of all well site activities and events
- Ensure full compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policy standards and objectives
- Motivating all team members to deliver ‘no harm to people or the environment’.
- Delivering high quality and cost-effective wells according to approved well programs, identifying and collating any lessons learned which can be incorporated into future operations, and managing the interface with other company assets.
- Optimize operational performance through the rigorous implementation of the DtL (Deliver-the-Limit) process without compromising HSE, well integrity, or the integrity of the drilling unit.
To be successful in your application you will need to:
- Possess at least a higher education Diploma (eg. HND or equivalent), but preferably a Bachelors Degree or higher, in a technical or engineering subject.
- Significant overall experience of well engineering/ drilling activities with proven experience as a Drilling Supervisor. Expertise in leadership and operations supervision, in particular with respect to HSE awareness and management, is a must.
- IWCF certified.
- Good knowledge of well analysis software.
Experience in specialist areas such as High Pressure/High Temperature and/or Under-balanced Drilling and/or Extended Reach Drilling environments will be an advantage. To be considered for a senior position in this role, you’ll be expected to have extensive experience as a Drilling Supervisor including proven experience with all rig types and in-depth operational expertise in the above mentioned specialist topics.
- Work in mixed culture teams, sometimes with language challenges.
- Need to be able to work independently and proactively.
- Expected to maintain emergency response skills and be able to lead emergency response in stressful situations.
- Leading by example, proactive and hands-on when required, but also able to delegate and co-ordinate effectively.
- Able to communicate with authority, and motivate others in sometimes difficult work conditions.