Senior Completion & Well Interventions Engineerin Oil & Gas
LocationVarious locations worldwide
- Manage a team of Well Completion & Intervention Engineers and Supervisors in their planning and execution of work programs
- Implement controls and processes to safeguard the technical integrity of well completion and intervention activities
- Driving performance improvement by using appropriate “limit methodology” tools and techniques (eg. Realise-the-Limit: RtL).
- Key interface with customer Asset Teams, well and completion design engineers, and well construction teams, efficiently allocating and managing adequate resources to maximise production and minimize expenditure, to facilitate timely and cost effective execution of all activities
- Risk identification and mitigation, logistics and QA/QC activities assurance, and the monitoring and timely reporting of land/offshore based completion and intervention operations
- Authorize deviations from execution programs and/or ensure appropriate levels of technical authorization are in place.
- Operational emergency response support, as well as ad-hoc technical input and support for well related activities, both in the office and at the work site
- Accountable for ensuring that Well Integrity for your assigned Assets is maintained, and for the safety of your team and contractor staff carrying out well completions and interventions work in your assigned Assets
- Contribute to regional well completions and interventions projects and management activities.
- Lead teams to perform to their maximum, sometimes with mixed cultures and language challenges.
- Able to work independently and proactively.
- Lead by example, able to be hands-on when required, but also able to delegate and co-ordinate effectively.
- Able to communicate with authority, and motivate others in sometimes difficult work conditions.
- Provide strong and effective health, safety, security and environment (HSSE) leadership.
- Must possess at least a higher education Diploma (eg. HND or equivalent), but preferably a Bachelors Degree or higher, in a technical or engineering subject.
- Extensive experience in the planning, design and supervision of well servicing activities including but not limited to work-over and abandonment, well testing, completions deployment, wellhead maintenance, as well as field operations covering snubbing and hoists, wire-line, well stimulation/pumping (including use of coiled tubing), and artificial lift.
- Hold a valid IWCF supervisors certificate.
- Experience in drilling engineering will be an advantage.
- Strong technical and HSSE skills,
- Fully familiar with risk management tools and techniques as well as incident management.
- You must be fully conversant with well control criteria, equipment specification-selection and techniques and also with well servicing operational practices.
- Demonstrate a drive for results delivery through strengths in analysis, and innovation in problem solving.
- Accomplished in coaching and leading individuals and teams in order to achieve results through others.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- IT literacy and fluency with computers is a must, along with knowledge of the relevant software to carry out this role.
- Selected candidates will be supported to follow the Shell Group “Round 2” Distance Learning Program with the aim of obtaining this qualification within two years.