Completions & Well Intervention Engineer (Design & Operations)in Oil & Gas
LocationExpatriate Terms: 1x Brunei; 5x Nigeria 1x Qatar; 1x Saudi Arabia Local Terms: 1x Canada; 1x Netherlands; 8x USA
In this role, you’ll be responsible for defining the control criteria and developing, evaluating and designing completions for both new wells and wells requiring intervention. You’ll determine the operating envelope and deliver solutions optimised for corrosion control and lifecycle integrity. You’ll also provide technical advice and detailed completion programmes to well-site personnel comprising appropriate hardware, fluids, services and procedures required for all completions.
In addition, you may be required to spend time at the well-site supporting field staff and ensuring operations are performed in full compliance with company procedures, policies and guidelines. You may also be called upon to help-out with ‘non-rig’ activities including coiled-tubing, slick-line or electric line operations.
We’ll expect you to:Cooperate with drilling engineers, sub-surface engineers and field personnel to optimize field development strategies.
- Develop cost estimates and perform benchmarking exercises.
- Evaluate and select new technologies, such as distributed temperature systems or down hole seismic.
- Participate in incident classification, investigation and reporting.
- Share learning with completion and work-over engineers across the Shell Group.
- Work in mixed culture teams, sometimes with language challenges.
- Need to be able to work independently and proactively.
- Leading by example, able to be hands-on when required, but also able to delegate and co-ordinate effectively.
- Able to interface with other disciplines to provide optimal solutions with a delivery mindset.
- Able to communicate with authority, and motivate others in sometimes difficult work conditions.
Demonstrate strong and effective Health-Safety-Security and Environmental (HSSE) leadership.
To be successful with your application
- you will need to possess at least a higher education Diploma (eg. HND or equivalent), but preferably a Bachelors Degree or higher, in a technical or engineering subject.
- You must also have substantial experience in completion engineering, or well intervention services which is preferred to include wire-line and Coiled Tubing operations supervision.
- You’ll have strong knowledge of production technology, including completion theory, plus work-over programming and sand control.
- We expect you to have a sound knowledge of the latest technology related to well completions, and a good understanding of technical and commercial issues associated with the development and production of oil and gas, preferably from both onshore and offshore locations.
You’ll be a team player with strong communication skills and the ability to work within a high performing multi-discipline team of subsurface engineers, well engineers and contractor personnel. We’ll expect you to have a proven history of performance delivery to the highest standards and to be able to take on other responsibilities as needed.