Well Engineer – Design/Operationsin Oil & Gas
LocationExpats 2x Norway, 1x Brunei, 6x China; 1x Gabon; 8x Nigeria ; 1x Malaysia; 1x NZ 1x Sakhalin; 3x Saudi Arabia; 3x USA :: Local 3x India; 1x China 4x China 3x Nigeria (4x Netherlands; 1x Norway ; 1x Norway 2x USA 1x USA 2x USA; 1x UK
You’ll prepare optimized well designs and detailed programs according to agreed design proposals, for which you will have provided input. You’ll ensure that these programs are optimized with respect to well quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) considerations, and cost efficiency. You’ll always continually strive to improve HSE performance through influencing well design aspects and through coordinating with wellsite personnel in the execution of well operations. In some cases you may be required to spend time at the well-site supporting field staff and ensuring operations are performed in full compliance with company procedures, policies and guidelines.
Other responsibilities cover:
- ensuring that completion designs are fit-for-purpose
- planning the supply of all non-standard direct charge material requirements
- providing timely and accurate information to well engineering management on operational status and any deviations from plans, programs, policies, procedures or guidelines
- facilitating short term planning and scheduling of personnel, equipment and services required
- maintaining regular contact with drilling contractor and service company representatives to ensure mutual understanding of operational requirements as well as to identify opportunities for quality improvements
- supervising contractor staff
- analyzing performance and identifying areas for improvement (using and applying “limit” methodologies)
Work in mixed culture teams, sometimes with language challenges.
Need to be able to work independently and proactively.
Expected to maintain emergency response skills and be able to lead emergency response in stressful situations.
Leading by example, especially in relation to safety; able to be hands-on when required, but also able to delegate and co-ordinate effectively.
Able to communicate with authority, and motivate others in sometimes difficult work conditions.
To be successful with your application you will need
- to possess at least a higher education Diploma (eg. HND or equivalent), but preferably a Bachelors Degree or higher, in a technical or engineering subject.
- You’ll need to have a minimum of 7 years relevant experience in well engineering, which must include proven well design experience and proven supervision experience as both a Drilling Supervisor in the field and as an office-based Operations Well Engineer. Experience in both land and offshore wells is preferred. Concurrent drilling and production operations experience is desirable.
Your abilities will include being able to immediately and effectively fulfill any well engineering related task and to achieve assigned objectives with minimal support from the existing well engineering organization.
Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills as well as a good working knowledge of well engineering software packages are expected.
To Apply – please click on the appropriate link below.
Alternatively please forward your detailed resume to Simon Mannion at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9595 0210.