Senior Building Systems Technicianin Engineering and Technical
- The objective of the contract is to run, optimize the facility and energy management, through programming, data trending and analysis, reporting and investigating system faults, failures, etc. and provide recommendation for improvement.
- The role of the Building Automation System Technician is to provide field technical support/service for the design, installation, programming and commissioning of the Building Automation Systems for the Operations and Security group in the use of the facilities.
- Utilize the building automation system, design tools and programming abilities to meet the requirements of the plans and specifications.
- Perform graphical interface and programming controller to accomplish HVAC routines.
- Analyze, diagnose and correct BAS fault detections.
- Provide support for BAS maintenance and upgrades.
- Perform end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning on assigned projects.
- Conduct start-up, final point check-out and calibration of all systems and its BAS components.
- Keep supervisor and/or Senior Technician apprised of job progress and all pertinent facts concerning the job while providing information to update drawings and records of completed tasks.
- Helps the building mechanical systems technician (operator) on duty to correct instrumentation and control problems and malfunctions in the building specifications and / or scope of work.
- Escorts contractors to allow them to perform the work and/or to provide the services specified in their contract.
- Takes the necessary steps following service calls from clients complaining about the environmental conditions in the building.
- Perform minor improvement works.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Enhanced Clearance
COMPENSATION: To Be Negotiated
- Diploma and training in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of recent hands on controls experience with building automation systems.
- Experience working with communication protocols that are commonly used in controls systems, such as LON and/or BACnet
- Experience using the Metasys building management system from Johnson Controls
- Experience using the Tracer Summit system from Trane
- Experience with HVAC systems, control systems, and electrical systems in industrial/commercial environments