Mechanical Technologistin Engineering and Technical
- Responsible for creating 3D CAD models and 2D drawings to support the manufacture of circuit-card assemblies (CCA) as well as tools and enclosures based on sketches and/or instructions provided by design engineers.
CAD Files & Design:
- Draw parts and sub-assemblies (2D and 3D);
- Interface with local machines shops to obtain feedback re manufacturability, obtaining quotes and tracking to delivery;
- Proficiency in the use of drafting tools primarily SolidWorks;
- Performing FAI on new parts, training production personnel on recurring requirements for incoming inspection;
- Design mechanical components, manufacturing tools and electronic enclosures independently or using guidance from engineers and designers;
- Sketch parts in order to enable a quick prototyping capability.
Configuration and Data Management:
- Capability to manage and control configuration of technical data;
- Create part numbers and bills of materials in Arena PLM;
- Archive and maintain revision control of drawings, documents and similar artifacts;
- Assign unique identifiers to documents, expedite the ECO process and generally become the Arena and Solidworks PDMsubject-matter expert
- Minimum of CEGEP level in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Industrial Design.
- 3 years minimum of relevant experience;
- Must be proficient with SolidWorks and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Must have good manual skills for creating mock-ups and prototypes, related experience is desirable;
- Familiarity with standard mechanical drawing and drafting practices is essential,
- Familiarity with electrical drawing practices is desirable;
- Experience designing tools and enclosures is desirable;
- Experience with revision control of CAD drawings using electronic tools is essential;
- Experience with CM/DM in a military environment is desirable;
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team;
- Good communications skills in the English language, French is desirable; and
- Flexibility and willingness to master new tools used for configuration control and electronic component engineering.
- Working knowledge of Arena PLM and SolidWorks PDM;
- Working Knowledge of OrCAD, Library Builder or other CCA layout tools;
- Familiarity with drawing standards ASME Y14.24 and /or MIL-STD-31000.