Senior Project Manager – Real Propertyin Engineering and Technical
- Senior is directly responsible for the direction and supervision of the PMC Project Team.
- Ensures the project proceeds in compliance with the requirements of the work.
- Maintains appropriate control and communication procedures and a coherent flow of directives and information among the project team members and the Project Authority.
- Developing project scope, requirement documents, statement of work, participating in client discussions, analysis of functional and operational requirements of the client;
- Preparation of project approval documents (e.g. business cases, feasibility studies, Treasury Board submissions) required for funding or project approval;
- Planning and coordinating the activities of project personnel, contractors or other support providers, including the preparation of preliminary time schedules for project design and implementation;
- Managing architectural/engineering and associated specialist teams, reviewing project costs and resolving variances with predetermined budgets by recommending action and resolving conflicts.
- Planning, directing and coordinating a project management office and its activities within time and cost parameters;
- Preparing formal work breakdown structure and compliance charts;
- Producing Draft plans and sections for incorporation into Project Plans;
- Contributing to strategic and business planning initiatives (e.g., identifying strategic goals and implementing initiatives to achieve them (such as through policy development, standards development and program review);
- Recognizing and taking action on opportunities to combine professional resources through partnering arrangements (e.g., multi-disciplinary practices);
- Planning facilitation workshops that address strategic planning, teambuilding, or conflict management, conducting stakeholder interviews. Preparing workshop material, facilitating the workshop, and on-going partnering process management;
- Must have a valid PWGSC Secret Clearance
- Must be able to communicate effectively in French and English
- Must have a university degree or diploma in a relevant field from a recognized institution
- Experience managing a project team on real property construction projects of a domestic or international nature, from the inception to close out stages with a minimum project value of $2M dollars for each project.
- Experience prior to the bid closing, in preparing project deliverables of a domestic or international nature
- Relevant professional certification an asset; P.Eng, PMP, Arch.
- Experience with physical security parameters an asset