Engineering Technical Writerin Engineering and Technical
Standardization of Publications
- Defining what technical publications are required to support humidification equipment.
- Creating and maintaining standardized outlines for the content of each type of technical publication.
- Creating and maintaining standardized templates and guidelines for the format (fonts, layout, illustrations, style) of technical publications.
Organization of Data
- Establishing and maintaining storage locations for data (source data, graphics, draft documents, review documents)
- Establishing and maintaining storage location for current and historical publications.
- Releasing and updating technical publications through document control process.
Creation of Publications
- Collecting technical data required for creation of publications from Development, Product Care, Marketing, and Sales.
- Generating graphics and tables required for publications.
- Writing text for publications based technical input.
- Generating publications with all required information in predefined format.
- Managing the review, update, and release of publications.
Maintaining Existing Technical Publications
- Maintaining a log of changes required to existing publications.
- Establishing priorities and timelines for updating existing publications based on needs of product care, marketing, and sales.
- Updating existing publications based on agreed on priorities and timelines.
- Managing the review, update and release of updated publications.
- Managing priorities and insuring publications are completed based on project requirements and need for updating existing publications.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: N/A
COMPENSATION: Salary, Benefits, Vacation
- College degree in technical field or equivalent with good understanding of mechanical and electrical equipment operation and installation. Several years’ experience in creation of technical publications for installation and operation of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in use of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Framemaker, Adobe Illustrator, and Corel Draw software. (Ability to use Solid Edge an asset).
- Excellent technical writing skills to explain technical information clearly in English. (German is an asset).
- Able to take complex, technical information and translate it for colleagues and consumers who have nontechnical backgrounds
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures. Ability to create and edit technical illustrations.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.