Telecom System Specialistin Engineering and Technical
- Assess network designs that are part of funding applications. Each assessment is expected to take between 4 and 20 hours depending on complexity
- Duties will include analyzing proposed network designs to ensure they meet minimum program requirements. This includes assessing the capacity of fibre-optic and wireless networks, ensuring sufficient capacity is available to support planned community projects, analyzing the level of improvement of the proposed network vs. existing services, etc.
COMPENSATION: To Be Negotiated
LENGTH: One Year Contract
- Must have College or university degree in either engineering, engineering technology, computer science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of IP Networking concepts, data telecommunication networks and Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to interpret network diagrams and Ability to analyze technical documents
Knowledge of wide-area networking hardware
- Knowledge of carrier-grade backbone network architecture.
- Experience of the proposed resource’s in the field of broadband engineering
- Knowledge of fibre-to-the-home access technologies (OLT, GPON, FDH)
- Knowledge of DSL access technologies
- Knowledge of LTE wireless technologies
- French language skills an asset