Systems Engineerin Engineering and Technical
Systems Engineer for Product Integration would provide a lead role in developing complex vertical and horizontal integration plans and test cases, as well as execute system validation testing for Carrier Ethernet switches within the Packet OTN transport department
• Development of system level integration test plans/cases and test automation for 6500 Packet/OTN switches.
• Write, modify, and verify quality standards and test procedures for product integration and automation.
• Execution of test cases and reporting test results with artifacts using Quality Center (QC).
• Focus is on System Level validation but understand all levels of testing: unit testing, system integration testing, and system level testing (including 3rd party interop). This includes solid Layer 1-3 knowledge for switches and routers.
• Requires continuous research to ensure software features meet identified standards, product marketing/functional requirements and customer solutions.
• Work closely with other key players such as system architects, senior managers and product verification teams to ensure accurate test cases are created and ensure highest quality is achieved. Participate in peer reviews for manual and automated system-level test cases.
• Consult with software development engineers in resolution of defects. COMPENSATION: To Be Negotiated LENGTH: One Year Contract
- Expertise in configuring large L1/L2/L3 topologies. This includes excellent troubleshooting skills and proficiency in data communication systems, networking, Ethernet switches, and real world topologies.
- Worked closely with architects and design engineers to develop automated test suites for features L2 switching, G8032, Multi-Chassis LAG, MPLS Pseudo Wire, MPLS OAM, MPLS protection, RSVP-TE,LDP, BGP-LU, IS-IS, OSPF.
- In depth experience with testing of MPLS and L3 capability set.
- Execution of test suites for various releases quickly and efficiently
- Develop the automation frameworks and libraries, in TCL
- Develop scripts for automation of Ixia network for previsioning, traffic generation, stats collection, Network simulation
- Created packages, libraries and scripts that can be used in Large network deployments
- Develop scripts to automate running the automated scripts on large test networks and SIM environment